The basic theme Basics and the child theme Beyond Basics are at version 0.3.2. Some modifications are cosmetics while others fixes bugs more or less annoying. The three more important updates are about: the main and the second loop located in the home.php file; a display issues of the Search form when using the Search Widget; and a brand new grid system.
First, I modified the main loop by changing $do_not_duplicate in order to receive an Array: $do_not_duplicate. Second, I have excluded the duplicate posts by using ‘post__not_in’ => $do_not_duplicate in the second loop. These changes fixes a probleme: when there is no “sticky posts”, the number of posts within the second loop doesn’t match the number of posts_per_page.
Just one Search Widget at a time!
The design of the function basics_searchform() caused doubling of the search when using the Search widget. My friend Julien Bianchi (@jubianchi) has proposed a solution that fixed the problem. It’s a french webdevelopper who use Basics as a fondation for its own WordPress Theme — wp-bootstrap — which aims to mix Basics with Bootstrap, from Twitter.
Two grid systems, please!
Last but not least, I have changed the grid system. Although it is not enabled by default, I’ve updated the grid layout with 940-fluid.css and 940.css, renamed to grid-fixed.css and grid-fluid.css. These two style sheets are located in the /css folder. These grids can be activated by removing the comments in the file styles.css located within WordPress Basics.
Here are the complete changelogs
Release 0.3.2 – 20/05/2012
- Update [css/normalize.css] [css/tool.css] and [css/author.css] from new version of HTML5 Boilerplate 3.0.2
- Rename modernizr-2.5.3.min.js to modernizr.js for easily maintenance and updates [header.php]
- Rename /js/libs/modernizr-2.5.3.min.js to /js/libs/modernizr.js
- Rename jquery-1.7.1.min.js to jquery.js within basics_jquery() function [inc/functions-filter-action.php]
- Rename /js/libs/jquery-1.7.1.min.js to /js/libs/jquery.js
- fix basics_searchform() to avoid duplicate form when adding widget Search [inc/functions-filter-action.php](thanks @jubianchi)
- Add echo basics_searchform() to display basics_searchform() since the fix above [sidebar.php]
- Change id=search-in to class=search-in to have the possibility of several search form [inc/functions-filter-action.php]
- Add basics_search_autofocus() to print autofocus attribute to search form when is_search() [inc/functions-filter-action.php]
- Update the grid system: you can now use a fluid and fixed grid based on the width of 940px. [style.css]
- Tweak indentations et comments for legibility purposes [content.php]
Release 0.3.2 – 20/05/2012
$do_not_duplicate = $post->ID;for
$do_not_duplicate = $post->ID;in the first loop [home.php]
'post__not_in' => $do_not_duplicatein the second loop [home.php] The two changes above are made to fix a probleme : when no sticky posts exist, the number of posts within the second loop doesn’t match the
- Add echo basics_searchform() to display basics_searchform() since the fix [home.php] [404.php] [sidebar.php](cf. Basics’s CHANGELOG.txt)
- Change #search-in to .search-in to reflect changes made in Basics inc/functions-filter-action.php [author.css]
width:900pxin #site-description rule to avoid display issue when viewport is resised [author.css]
- Remove <
style>for Google Search */ from [404.php] to add it in [author.css]